Information about redeeming
Free School Meal Vouchers
How to Redeem your Free School Meal Vouchers
Redeeming your Free School Meal Vouchers
We are aware that some students have been struggling to claim the vouchers that have been emailed to those entitled to free school meals.
Below are a set of instructions that should allow you to access and claim the codes in the coming weeks. The voucher codes have been sent to your school e-mail account:
To select your supermarket eGift card, follow the steps below:
1. Copy eCode from your email (student's school email account) or text message
2. Go to http://www.freeschoolmeals.co.uk/
3. Enter the 16 digit eCode (you can enter more than one eCode if you have more than one to redeem).
4. Select a supermarket.
5. Enter the amount and add to basket - £15 per week (per voucher) has been given to each student.
6. Checkout and enter the email address you would like the eGift card sent to.
7. Your eGift card will be processed and sent (please allow up to 24 hours for it to be delivered to your inbox).
8. We need to allow 72 hours for this to arrive before school can chase it up.
The supermarkets that you can use are: Morrisons, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, John Lewis, M&S.
Each code only lasts for 1 month from the date that they are ordered by school.
Only Asda and John Lewis can be used online but they can all be used in store.
Please check your junk e-mail box as sometimes the e-mail will come through to there.
If you receive an error message when trying to redeem your code on the free school meals website, check whether you have entered an incorrect code in error. You need to try to enter the code again. If the code is still not accepted, you may need to delete your browsing history on your device – as the device may be storing the incorrect code in its memory.
The government suggest ordering the eGift card at home when connected to WIFI before going to the supermarket.
Take a screenshot of the eGift card barcode before going to the supermarket as this should still scan ok in-store.
Any questions or concerns please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For further Frequently Asked Questions, please click here