Ms. S Garner
We want our students to be valuable citizens of society, community and country.
Our Curriculum Mission Statement
Mathematics is known as one of the gatekeepers for success in all fields of life. As such, we consider Maths to be more than a subject. Our curriculum develops problem solving skills and prepares students for practical life. Our curriculum provides students with a platform to develop their knowledge, skills, logic and analytical thinking. Our teaching methods aim to increase curiosity, which we believe helps students to be more creative and develop connections to the wider world.
We built the curriculum with the intent that students will be:
· numerate and able to manage finances
· literate and able to communicate effectively
· aware of the real-life application of Maths
· logical thinkers who are able to problem solve and ‘think outside the box’
· ambitious and able to make appropriate life choices